Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 14 7/24



Today we attended the Kamloops 1st Ward for Sacrament Meeting. It was mainly a driving day. Along the way we came across a lot of lakes. One was deep blue and took 2 ½ hours of driving before we got all the way past it. Since it was Sunday, we saw a lot of people playing in the water long the way. They were boating and sea-doing and skiing and going down rivers in innertubes. We passed the warmest lake in Canada. It is at the northern tip of the Sonora Desert that goes all the way to Mexico.
I had quite the mishap, but was lucky things didn’t turn out worse. I jumped out of the car to go to the cooler to get the lunch. My foot had the GPS chord wrapped around it and I fell out of the car head first. I landed on my hands and elbow and scraped my back on the door. The scrape is quite graphic. It is the kind of injury that people take pictures of and put on Facebook. But I will spare you the view.
We are spending the night in Grand Forks. We have a cute little room on the river. Tomorrow we head back into the U.S.A.

1 comment: